Sunday, June 12, 2011

Planned Parenthood; Take a Stand

I like to think I'm a "cause" person; if someone's in trouble, I help best as I can, and if someone or something needs money or other things, I donate what I can. I don't go out and search for things to advocate, necessarily, but I like to hope I do a little bit of good.

So I'm spreading the word about this, because as a woman, it's hard to see it and not raise up a cry at the thought of the consequences of these actions.

Planned Parenthood; the Battle gets Uglier

The above link will take you to a page that explains how Republicans are trying to take down Planned Parenthood, making it nearly impossible for women of lower income to get the help they need there. I realize that there are a lot of people who don't want abortion to happen. But if things continue as they are, STI's and pregnancy will skyrocket, and the children born won't have the funds and help they need to survive, essentially. Not every woman has the money for insurance or doctors, so Planned Parenthood is the only way they can get contreceptives, screenings, mamograms, etc. And if things continue, even that will be taken from them because they will have to start paying for these services, which they obviously don't have the money for to begin with.  I don't want to start an ugly conversation about ethics and sin, partly because I don't think it's up to humans to judge, and partly because it's not always as black and white as people would like it to be.

My main message is that these women are having the only help they get torn away from them by people who aren't taking the time to understand that it's not all about abortions. It's about the women themselves getting the help they need.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Most people in politics don't care about the little people who are in need of help. Planned Parenthood has help millions from getting pregnant all together from using birth control and if they had to start paying for it they might not take anything at all. Which would cause a women to get pregnant easier and if they can barely survive as is how can one do it with a kid? Then they would have to give up the baby which will in turn make the adaptions agencys more stress and have more kids and no where to put them... just putting my two cents in

    ReplyDelete