Sunday, June 5, 2011

Keeping it Close to the Heart

I wanted to clarify a few things to my friends, and maybe some others as well. As a pagan, yes, I believe in magic and spells and the fae, etc. and so on. And I know that that sounds silly to someone who doesn't believe in that kind thing, but I'd like to put some comparisons out there.

vs.    


Many people believe in Angels, or spirits, that do good things, bad things, mundane things. People give them personalities, and treat them with a certain respect... And for those who believe in the fae instead, it's not much different. Different fae (angels/spirits) do different things, act different ways. You can ask (pray to) them for something, and you may or may not get what you ask for, and once you have it, you may or may not want it.

In the same way, spells and working with magic is just another form of prayer, I guess you could say. You're wishing, asking, and hoping for something to happen. You send that out to who, or what, ever is listening, in the hopes that you'll be answered. And for people who believe in hexes or curses, I say it's the same as wishing bad luck on someone or something. And I think we're all guilty of that at some point or another.

As I've mentioned before, we're all really not so different, when we think about it. And honestly, there's probably a small bit of truth to every religion, or they wouldn't exist to begin with, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment